Welcome to the Ψk Network
The legal registered address for Psi-k is...
Daresbury Science and Innovation Campus
Warrington WA4 4AD
It is a wide network, co-ordinated by a series of working groups, to help build cooperation in our subject. Everyone in the field of electronic structure calculations is invited to join the Ψk Portal. Via the portal you distribute and receive information about workshops, conferences and job announcements. You also receive the Ψk newsletters with highlights in our field and abstracts of preprints. Everyone is invited to contribute to this newsletter.
The Network is an attempt to promote excellence in our subject, through collaborations across Europe, including helping those in smaller, or new, or isolated research groups. Read more about Ψk.
Every 5 years a big conference is organized by Psi-k. The most recent conference, Psi-k 2010, took place in Berlin from 12-16 September 2010. A report of the 2010 conference is available here. The previous ones were in Swäbisch Gmünd in 1996, 2000 and 2005.
- You can download the 2014 Psi-k Workshops Poster from here.
(Posters from previous years are here... 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013)
- A celebration was held recently at STFC Daresbury Laboratory to congratulate Dzidka Szotek on the publication of the 100th edition of the Psi-k newsletter. (Click to see large image)
- Thomas C. Schulthess (ETH Zürich) was for the second time awarded the prestigious Gordon Bell prize for outstanding achievements in High Performance Computing (for more details, see below).
- The Ψk network, together with CECAM, will be running Hands-On Training courses for young researchers. The programme and lectures from the recent Psi-k Training Event, 25-31 March 2007, can be found here. The next Graduate School is planned to take place in Bristol from September 20 to 26, 2009. Further information can be found on the Marie-Curie Psi-k Training web pages.
- Proposal for ESF Research Networking Programme: Advanced Concepts in ab-initio Simulations of Materials (pdf-doc). The list of Psi-k
- Final Report of ESF-Programme - Towards Atomistic Materials Design (Psi-k)
- The Psi-k Portal replaces the majordomo mailing list
...for archived news items please go here.
- Thomas C. Schulthess (ETH Zürich) was for the second time awarded the prestigious for outstanding achievements in High Performance Computing. This year, he received the award together with Markus Eisenbach (Oak Ridge National Laboratory), Chenggang Zhou (J.P. Morgan Chase & Co), Donald M. Nicholson (Oak Ridge National Laboratory), Gregory Brown (Florida State University) and Jeff Larkin (Cray Inc.) for an application of the Locally Self-consistent Multiple Scattering (LSMS) KKR method combined with the Wang-Landau algorithm to compute the free energy and other thermodynamic properties of nanoscale systems. The code scales very well on the Cray XT5 at ORNL and reached a sustained peak performance of 1.03 Petaflop/s in double precision on 147,464 cores. (Project Presentation, Paper on LSMS+Wang Landau, Paper on the LSMS method)
The 2006 Agilent Technologies Europhysics Prize
has been awarded to
Walter Metzner and
for their development of the Dynamical Mean-Field Theory
- Awards of Psi-k Members During the Period of the ESF Programme